Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 in Review

It's time for the annual New Year quiz! If you'd like to reread the reviews from previous years, go to the 2013 review and the links to the other years can be found there. (I'm lazy, ha) I should get a cookie though, because I finally fixed the stupid formatting for this stupid entry! (if you look at the previous years you'll notice the font looks wonky compared to everything else on the blog)

1. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
In 2013 we started making a theme for the year rather than do resolutions and I think it's a tradition I'd like to keep. Last year's was "Let virtue garnish thy thought unceasingly". We haven't had a chance to come up with a new one for 2015, but trust me, we will. 

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Uh yeah, about as close as you can get! Me!

3. Did anyone close to you die?
The family has made it through another year unscathed. Though I just recently started watching Downton Abbey and in the last episode one of the characters was killed and I am still livid from it.

4. What countries did you visit?
Hawaii really needs to be considered its own country because it's kind of depressing to visit this gorgeous tropical island and then realize you're still in the Amurica.

5. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Anything that we were lacking this past year, we will have in 2015. We've bought a house and had a baby. Maybe I would like to develop some closer friendships. We came to GP knowing very few people, but we were able to make friends and now I would like to develop those friendships further. 

6. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
December 9th, Astrid's birthday! As well as April 1st, that's the day I found out I was pregnant.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I hate to be a broken record, but having a baby was a pretty big deal. I think another one though was that I had a real grown-up job this year working at the physiotherapy clinic.

8. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I failed at anything this year. It was a good year.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Being pregnant wasn't always sunshine and butterflies. It kept me from playing rugby this year and that was a real bummer.

10. What was the best thing someone bought you?
A house. Joe is so good to me  

11. Where did most of your money go?
Into our house. And I'm sure only more of it will go there next year...

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Any time we went back home to visit. My convocation. Going to Hawaii. And having a baby.

13. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Let It Go. I was going to list other songs as well, but really, that one just blew up so much that nothing really came close.

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier.
b) fatter or skinnier? Fatter, sigh.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer. Thanks, house.

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Rugby. I missed it. And yoga. I started doing it late in the pregnancy game and I wish I'd gotten into it sooner.

16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I regret nothing.

17. Did you fall in love in 2014?
Yes. I'd say I'm quite smitten with Astrid. She's pretty stinking cute.

18. What was your favourite TV program?
Fringe (still). Downton Abbey has been pretty good (I like watching it while I feed the baby)

19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No.  

20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I am pretty lame, musically. I've been stuck on the same stuff for years. Maybe this year I will venture out and try to find new things.  

21. What was your favourite film of this year?
Joe and I just watched Hercules and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. Ooh, and Xmen: Days of Future Past was pretty freaking amazing. I'd say that was my favourite.

22. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 24. Joe and I went out for dinner at a new place in town called the Sawmill and we were disappointed.

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being more social.

24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Flowy shirts and stretchy pants (in other words: maternity wear).

25. What kept you sane?
Work, Joe, facetime and yoga.

26. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Rhett and Link from Good Mythical Morning and the Fine Bros were my entertainment of choice this year.  

27. Who do you miss?
I still miss the friends and family I have back home, but it doesn't hurt so much when I think of them any more.

28. Who was the best new person you met?
Brandi and Oaklan were two awesome people we met while up in GP and we were quite sad when they moved away. We've been able to make new friends since they left, but no one loves Settlers as much as they do!

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014:
Don't slack off when it comes to living the gospel. Say your personal prayers and read your scriptures everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment