Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Skipping merrily along...

In high school I was such a goody goody that I never, ever skipped a class and when I had spares I spent them at the school doing homework. Until I got to grade 12. In grade 12 I skipped one class and I was nearly caught doing it. And you know what the sad thing is? I skipped my class and didn't even leave the school. I went to the art room. Yup, I was one of those kids. Minus the weed and lip piercings.

Today I skipped both of my classes so I could savor the last little bit of time I had with Joe this morning before he left for work. It's a noble cause. Now that he's gone though, I've spent the morning organizing all of our crap that we've moved into my parents' house. We had a pretty busy weekend moving everything out of our basement suite and into storage or my parents' house. And finally, I've given myself a chance to get it into some order!

So be happy for us, we've moved. And I'd say our room is getting closer to being the way I like it. Though I'm sure it'll take several more days of solid work to get it perfect.

And just to give you another reason to be happy for me, guess what.

I am concussion free! Which means I've been cleared to resume my normal physical activities which include working out, running and playing Just Dance. Now I can start to get rid of the extra poundage I've put on since Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. Who am I kidding, I don't care about that. I'm just happy I can Just Dance again!!!

1 comment:

  1. I never skipped classes during high school... But I did used to skip days because I was "sick". I skipped classes in college/university a little bit. But the nice thing is lots of professors will give you an outline or even notes from the class :D

    But to spend time with Joe is understandable :)!

    Glad you're getting settled and that you can Just Dance again. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete