Saturday, January 5, 2013

Quiz: 2012 Review

1. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year, but we are trying something new with our theme for the year which I'm sure will be great. 

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh my word it seemed like everyone was having babies this year! My sister-in-law, Katee, had a baby boy in May and named him Hector. And then a bunch of couples who got married a year before Joe and I were all having their first kids, including our good friends Brent and Carol who had a baby girl in November and named her Ada. 

3. Did anyone close to you die?
No friends died, but our family did lose my grampa's brother, Neil, just after Christmas. 

4. What countries did you visit?
We just visited the States this year. We made it to Utah in May and then tried again in October, but we all know how that turned out :P

5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A degree!  

6. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
October 5th, the car accident. 

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got a 3.4 GPA this semester and I am pretty darn proud of myself for it. Let's hope I can do the same thing if not better next semester. 

8. What was your biggest failure?
Rugby. This season did not sit well with me at all.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. 

10. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Joe bought me a new bra for Christmas and I love it. 

11. Where did most of your money go?
School, rugby, and the accident

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My good friend Selina got married this year and I was reeeaaallllly excited when she told me.

13. What song will always remind you of 2012?
That stupid "Somebody that I used to Know" song. It'll take me a while before I like that song again.

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier.
b) fatter or skinnier? Fatter for sure. I haven't worked out in so long!
c) richer or poorer? Neither? I'd say we've stayed pretty steady. 

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Baking.

16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Nothing.

17. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Please, I did that back in 2010, but I'm happy to report I'm still in love.

18. What was your favorite TV program?
Once Upon a Time! 

19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. 

20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing. 

21. What was your favorite film of this year?
Rio. I know it didn't come out this year, but we became obsessed with it. I absolutely love the soundtrack!! and my honourable mentions are: The Avengers, Brave, The Amazing Spiderman and Les Miserables. 

22. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I just had chocolate chip cake with my family. I turned 22.

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having a concussion for the last three months of the year would have been really nice.

24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Lacking. My staples are t shirts and jeans. Exciting, I know. 

25. What kept you sane?
Joe and my parents.

26. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I found the NieNie dialogues this year and fell in love with Stephanie Nielson and her little family. 

27. Who do you miss?
Amy. She moved back to Rosemary this year and it was a bummer not having her around.

28. Who was the best new person you met?
Joe and I made some new friends at church this year and we love them! They are the Hills and we think they are super cool.

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
When everything that could go wrong does go wrong, God is still watching out for us and has a plan.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post :) I don't know why but I giggled immensely at a couple parts...
    First, when you talked about the bra Joe got you. I don't know if I'm just immature or what....but whatever. It happens ;)
    Second, when you said you were fatter. I don't know why on that one either. Really you don't look fat and its not funny you think you're getting fatter (hey, it happens).
    Wow, I'm a horrible human being. If I start blogging again, I may do your survey ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, why thank you for the compliment, but I should probably clarify on why I thought I was fatter this year. It's just because I can tell I've lost a lot of muscle mass, so my fat to muscle ratio has gotten bigger, that's all.

      Delete