Saturday, January 14, 2012

2 years and counting...

Upon writing the first post in January I realized that I've been blogging for two years. Two years of me ranting on about the stupidest topics sometimes! Some folks have actually stuck around since the beginning and for them I am grateful. It's always nice to have someone bring up your blog so they can rant to you about the stupid rant you gave on the blog.

 So to commemorate my 2 years of blog-hood and to reminisce about 2011, I'm going to fill out the same quiz I filled out in my first entry.

1. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions last year except to "be a better person" which was really just a cop out. I don't have any resolutions for this year, but there are a couple goals Johnny and I are working on together.

 2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
It's funny because the first time I filled this out, two of my cousins had babies and now this time, the same two cousins have had babies again. A boy and a girl - again.

 3. Did anyone close to you die?
No one super close, but there were a few people that died that I knew at one point or another.

4. What countries did you visit?
No where too exciting, but I did go down to Utah in May to visit my aunt and gramma who was up visiting from Australia. That was when I bought my wedding dress :D

 5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
That's a tough one cause I don't really feel like a lacked anything in 2011. C'mon, I got married!

 6. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
January 10th - That's the day Johnny first left to go work for Halliburton. His decision to work for them eventually led to our decision to get married.
August 16th - Duh, my wedding day.

 7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I'd say finding a husband is a pretty big one. Next to that there's getting my belay certification. I dunno, tough choice.

 8. What was your biggest failure?
The stupid anatomy final. I passed the class though so that's all that matters.

 9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got the flu just after Christmas and I had the odd bump or bruise in rugby. Buggered up my shoulder for a bit. Strained my back on and off. Nothing major.

 10. What was the best thing someone bought you?
A wedding ring. And someone got me this awesome pampered chef liquid measure which I LOVE. I use it for almost all my baking.

11. Where did most of your money go?
School, the wedding and rugby.

 12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I got excited when we went sky diving and Johnny proposed. And I got really excited about finding a house. And my dress was a fairly exciting purchase. If it had to do with the wedding and it wasn't stressing me out, I was excited about it. Oh! And EFY! I was so excited to be a counselor.

 13. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Party Rock Anthem - by LMFAO.

 14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) fatter or skinnier? The same?
c) richer or poorer? Richer. I didn't have a husband working for Halliburton last year.

 15. What do you wich you'd done more of? 
I wish I didn't get so lazy with my workouts during the summer. I wish we could have played more grounders!

16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Postponing important things that needed to be done.

17. Did you fall in love in 2011?
What has been the theme of all my answers thus far? Yes I did.

18. What was your favorite TV program?
How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, So You Think You Can Dance.

19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope. I did a good job of avoiding conflict.

20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Camillle Saint-Saens. He's the composer I researched for my Music in Recital class and I fell in love with his work. He is awesome. 

21. What was your favorite film of this year?
Rango. I watched that a lot this fall - it's not the most amazing movie in the world, but I really like it. Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It inspired us to buy both versions of the original movie and we love them all, except the one with Mark Wahlberg. X MEN FIRST CLASS!!!! Best. Movie. Ever. 

22. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
My birthday was pretty small this year. I just had cake at my parents and then I played a rugby game the next day. I turned 21.

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I wish Johnny didn't have to be gone at work so much last year. 

24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Comfortable. My favourite things to wear were my old man sweaters. 

25. What kept you sane?
Johnny, running, Amy and ice cream. And my mother. 

26. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Probably the guy who played magneto in X men First Class.

27. Who do you miss?
Selina. She is such a good friend. And Johnny. It stinks that he's gone all the time. 

28. Who was the best new person you met?
In my Intro to Biomechanics class we had to do a group project and one of the girls I worked with has turned out to be pretty awesome and now we're doing the real Biomechanics class together and I look forward to it.  

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Basement suites suck when there is a small child living above you.  

1 comment: