Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello, my name is:

Leinani.

And this is my first ever blog! You are are very lucky person to be part of this momentous occasion. I hope you're not disappointed.

What with it being a new year and all, I decided to make some resolutions and one of them was to keep a journal and write an entry at least once a week. I've kept a regular journal before and it was fun, but I thought I'd try something new this time around.

So for my first entry, I thought I'd fill out a little quiz I found to review the year and let you know a little bit about me:

1. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made 7 goals last year and only accomplished one of them. But I did get really far on the others, I made it 9 months for a few! And yes, I have already made more for next year.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Two of my cousins had babies. One had a boy and the other had a girl.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately, yes. A friend from my ward died this summer.

4. What countries did you visit?
Sadly none. But this year will be different :)

5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A gym membership. Or my own gym.

6. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
January 6th - My ACL was reconstructed that day. It was not a pleasant experience.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing physiotherapy and then riding my bike up the biggest, longest hill I could find.

8. What was your biggest failure?
Failing several of my midterms this past semester as well as failing my Analytical Chemistry class.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only my knee surgery. And the minor cold here and there.

10. What was the best thing someone bought you?
A skirt that can be worn thousands of ways from my gramma, as well as a silk screening kit from my mom.

11. Where did most of your money go?
School, food and Threadless Shirts

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My dad coming home, going to see the Michael Jackson movie (This Is It), and my best friend coming for a visit from Utah.

13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Hot N Cold - Katy Perry or Fire Burning - Sean Kingston. There weren't too many dances I went to that these songs weren't played at.

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier.
b) fatter or skinnier? probably slightly fatter. (I ate a lot this Christmas)
c) risher or poorer? sightly richer. (Like, maybe by 2 bucks)

15. What do you wich you'd done more of?
Leg presses. Cardio.

16. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Going out on school nights.

17. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Not really. I was very infatuated at the beginning of the year, but that soon changed.

18. What was your favorite TV program?
So You Think You Can Dance (the American version), Corner Gas, Big Bang Theory, Rob & Big, and Gargoyles.

19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I wouldn't say hate, but yes there is someone that I like significantly less that I did at this time last year.

20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jack Johnson. And even though I found them a few years ago now, I have to put in a plug for CKUA. This radio station is fantastic! They play literally anything and everything. Check 'em out: http://www.ckua.com/

21. What was your favorite film of this year?
This Is It. Followed closely by Avatar with Invictus right on its heels.

22. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned the ripe old age of 19 this past year. And on my actual birthday, I went out for DQ with a boy and had lasagne dinner with my family. Then 3 weeks later I had around 20 people over while my parents were gone for the weekend.

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Doing better in school. I really dropped the ball last semester.

24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Color, accessories, layers and Threadless. Okay, I guess I should put in another plug here because I'm probably going to talk about it in later posts. Threadless shirts are da bomb! I was just introduced to them last year and now I have 6 in my collection. Check 'em out: http://www.threadless.com/

25. What kept you sane?
Church, Cora, and riding my bike.

26. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The Mad Hatter. And Michael Jackson.

27. Who do you miss?
Selina. And even though we're living in the same city, I miss Cassandra too.

28. Who was the best new person you met?
Sister Emeline Loketi! She was a Tongan sister missionary that I found when I went out for Chinese with my parents one day. We bonded instantly. I really, really hope that I'll be able to find her once she's off her mission.

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
I'll tell you two, because I learned a lot this year.
1) Don't go against what you've been taught for a boy or because everyone else is doing it.
2) Through blood, sweat and tears, anything is possible.

So that gives you an idea of how my year went last year. I'm really excited for 2010. I've got some pretty rad things coming up :) And I've also got some resolutions that I'll share and keep you updated on:
  • Keep a journal. Write an entry at least once a week.
  • Find a job. (I hope to have one by the end of January)
  • Get my license! I'm 19 years old and I only have my learners - it's time for a change.
  • Work out 2 -3 times a week. But first I need to join a gym...
  • Stop gossiping.

I'd say I'm doing pretty good so far. Except for the gossiping part. I gossiped so much today! But I'll keep working on it.

And that's it! You've just finished reading my very first blog entry. How did I do? Do you have any suggestions for me? Leave a comment! Make me feel welcome! Tell a joke! Anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment